Saturday, January 10, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Confession time: I have not documented or recorded quotes from the kids. Gasp! I know! Bad Mommy! *Slap on hand* Well out of order, here are some I can easily recall ...

"There's a mess in my foot sleeve!" Ethan, 1/10/09. He was referring to his pant-leg.

"No, I don't want a Happy Meal, I want a Sad Meal because I'm so sad!" Ethan, Feb. 2008. He was upset after a soccer game because he did not score the last goal.

"Today in school I looked at germs in a step-is-scope." Ethan 1/08/09.

Mommy: "Melanie, what color is your pink bowl?"
Melanie: While tapping her head with her finger, "Hmm. Tink, tink, tink. Oh! I know! Gween!" January 2009

Daddy: While watching football, "Ethan, do you know what direction is?"
Ethan: "Yeah, it's when you tell me to be quiet and I do it because I have to follow directions." September 2007

"Cummon, fah-woah me!" Melanie January 2009. Translation: Come on, follow me!

"Knock, knock. (Who's there?) Handy. (Handy who?) Handy Manny!" Ethan, Fall 2006

"Are you watching Food Neckwork?" Ethan, December, 2008

"At work, my Daddy beats up bad guys and takes their money." Ethan, November 2008. We were teaching him that Daddy watches the bad guys and earns money for doing it.

"Mommy, what do the letters SCA spell? Is that like the word, 'sacrifice?'" Ethan, Sept. 2008

"TV pweez." Melanie, December 2008

"Daddy. The Turkey flag outside is embarrassing. It's December, you know." Ethan, Dec. 2008

"I don't want any more baby brothers or baby sisters because they make things difficult." Ethan, August 2008

Mommy: "What's that smell?"
Ethan: "I think Daddy farted because it smells like garlic."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe! these are so hilarious!!